[Virtualization] Install VMware and build Ubuntu (20.04)
I installed VMware and built an Ubuntu environment.
For those who are building a virtual environment for the first time, those who want to use Linux in a virtual environment, etc.
I hope you can refer to it.
table of contents
3. VMware Installation
4. Build Ubuntu
・ VMware installation
① Download VMware from the above page.
(2) Execute the downloaded EXE file to install VMware.
Basically the default is fine.
For processes not described, click the "Next" button to proceed.
This completes the VMware installation.
① Download the Ubuntu ISO file from the above page.
- In my environment, even if I click the link below, it downloads for some reason
I didn't run, so right-click → copy the link address
When I hit the URL in another tab, the download ran.
(2) Start the installed VMware.
③ Create a virtual machine.
Select the downloaded ISO file with the browse button.
- You can place the downloaded ISO file in any location.
Here, create a "VMWare" folder in the C drive and place it in it.
Enter any "Full Name", "User Name", and "Password".
Enter any virtual machine name.
- If you want to specify the maximum disc size, change it.
Here we will proceed by default.
It will automatically power on and will be installed in various ways.
If the dialog below appears, you can install it unless you have a good reason.
- VMware Tools is a tool that improves the functions of VMware.
There is no problem if you do not put it in, but it is better to put it in
It is recommended to include it because you can use convenient functions.
It is OK if the Ubuntu desktop screen is displayed.