Eclipse does not start after Java 11 is installed
I installed Java 11 at work and Eclipse didn't start.
At first, I struggled without knowing the cause at all, so I decided to write an article as a record.
Since it was old Java as shown below, I decided to upgrade the Java version in my spare time.
Eclipse uses the Japanese version of Pleiades.
- OS：Windows 10 Pro
- Java：Oracle Java 8
- Eclipse：Eclipse 4.6（Neon）
State after Java version upgrade
I installed "Amazon Corretto" which is free to use and easy to install.
Problems that occurred
After the Eclipse splash screen was displayed, the dialog ʻAn error has occurred. See the log file ...` appeared and Eclipse did not start.
- When I installed the latest version of Eclipse by referring to the following article, Eclipse started successfully.
- Eclipse-Oxygen does not start on Java 11 or above
- By the way, the version of Eclipse installed this time is the latest version of "Release 2019-09".
- When I upgraded from Java 7 to Java 8, I don't think there was a symptom that Eclipse did not start, so I was quite surprised this time.
- At first, I thought that there was a problem with Amazon Corretto ... but after investigating various things, I found that the same symptom appeared in Java 10 or later, and finally I could solve it with a relatively simple method. It was good.
- There were some small programs that I didn't include in version control, but it helped me because I could easily import the code from my existing workspace.