- Non-IT engineer
- Ruby studied at a programming school
- IT qualification is only IT passport
I went to a programming school to become an IT engineer and studied Ruby and Rails for about two and a half months, so I am a beginner, but I am not a self-taught student.
Exam preparation materials
- [Revised 2nd Edition] Ruby Engineer Certification Exam Pass Textbook (Silver/Gold compatible)
- Ruby is a mini/ Ruby Engineer Certification Exam (Silver) Examination Questions
- Ruby engineer certification exam one question one answer
- DIVE INTO EXAM
- Simulation PDF (Silver exam)
Ruby 2.1 or lower will cause an error, and 2.2 or higher will cause an error code, so it may be better to use Wandbox that allows you to easily switch versions.
Since I was studying Ruby at school, I had some basic knowledge. Therefore, I read the “Ruby is a Mini-Tsuku/Introductory Course” and the “Ruby Technician Certification Exam Passed Textbook” (hereinafter referred to as “textbook”) once to spread the basic knowledge, and then began the exercises.
I felt the level feeling and explanation of the exercises as follows.
- Gentle/Polite -Textbook exercises -Ruby is mini -Ruby engineer certification test one question one answer
- Normal -Practice questions PDF (for Silver exam) -DIVE INTO EXAM
- Difficult -RubyExamination
It was easy to understand where I made a mistake because I felt that the explanation was polite.
Usually, the commentary was shorter than the easy one, so the number of times to reread the textbook and type the code was increased.
Difficult, I did 5 times and failed the 1st and 2nd times, and passed the 3rd and 5th times. It seems that it also includes Gold’s problem, so it felt difficult, but I think that there is no loss in trying to deepen understanding.
Review and reflection of study
I was very glad that I could absorb knowledge other than school learning such as how to write code and type of method, so I thought it would be ant to acquire Silver as a goal for beginners of Ruby. However, I think it was not good to study because I was aiming for 100 points. It seems that there are many things that are not used in practice, so I understood that I found it useful to know when creating an application, and I thought that it was not necessary to dig deeper when it seems not to be used.
About Ruby Silver
- “Ruby Association Certified Ruby Programmer Silver version 2.1” seems to be the official name.
- After the completion, it will be scored immediately and the word “Pass” will appear on the spot, so you can write it as a qualification immediately on your resume.
- If you read here, Ruby Silver is at the same level as IT passport, so it may be weak if you consider it as a qualification.
- Ruby’s knowledge has expanded and deepened, but Ruby engineers say that there is little content to use in practice.