What is Ruby
- Dynamic programming language
- Everything is an object -Properties (instance variables) and actions (methods) can be given to all pieces of information and code
- Ruby flexibility -User can change core parts freely
- Block: Expressive features -You can add a block to the method that describes how it behaves -Block is influenced by functional language
What is Ruby on Rails
- A web application framework written in the Ruby programming language
- Software package management system on Mac -Will install software regardless of package dependencies
- Ruby version control system -Easy to switch Ruby version
Ruby on Rails
Gem as a Ruby package (also called a library) A package is a collection of useful functions that are parts of a program.
A bundler is a tool for managing gems, and the bundler itself is a type of gem. By using bundler, you can manage gems while maintaining the dependency of multiple gems.
Note 1 (rbenv)
$ ruby -v When Version does not change, As a workaround, hit the following code $ vi ~/.bash_profile At the bottom Added eval "$(rbenv init -)" Finally hit the following command $ source ~/.zshrc
Note 2 (Rails application startup)
$ cd project name $ rails server